BUILDING YOUR CAREER
Hirons is committed to a network of diverse employees who are collaborative, innovative and passionate. Our dynamic team of experienced professionals are the real drivers behind our continued growth and success. We show up ready to make things happen and achieve the impossible for our clients.
Are you searching for a career that allows you to step outside your comfort zone? Do you want to knock out ideas with the best strategists in the business? Are you looking for a position that’s more of a calling than “just a job”? If so, let’s meet.
There are no open positions at this time.
AMOS BROWN INTERNSHIP
With support from members of the Brown family, the Indianapolis Recorder and WTLC, the Amos Brown Internship at Hirons was created to honor the legacy of Amos Brown and his impact on the communities he served. Our goal in developing the Amos Brown Internship is to encourage minority students to learn and discover careers in communications.
This program facilitates opportunities for Amos Brown interns to engage with key leaders in the community, with an emphasis on individuals and organizations where Amos made significant relationships and impacted the community as a whole.
From 2016 Amos Brown Intern at Hirons: Taylor Morton
COMMUNICATION MANAGEMENT INTERNSHIP
- Writing press releases and other press materials such as media advisories, fact sheets, etc.
- Conducting extensive research.
- Compiling media lists.
- Completing various administrative tasks.
- Preparing agendas and completing conference reports for internal and external meetings
- Assisting in new business brainstorming sessions and other specialty projects.
- Client contact at meetings
- Inclusion in at least one media training session if available.
- Fall and spring interns work 18-20 hours per week; summer interns work 40 hours per week.
- Completing ROI analysis.
- Pitching to the media.
- Creating media kits.
- Writing copy for various projects.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT INTERNSHIP
- Assist with the preparation of business development materials, including proposals, presentations and pitch collateral
- Monitor new business opportunities at the commercial, municipal, state and federal levels
- Prepare detailed research reports prior to business development prospect meetings
- Prepare agendas and conference reports for internal and external meetings
- Attend and participate in business development prospecting calls and meetings
- Draft written materials promoting the Hirons brand to target audiences
- Assist with the development of Hirons’ social media calendar and management of agency events
- Work alongside the Hirons account teams to transition and onboard new clients
- Draft and prepare media relations materials related to ongoing Hirons promotions
- Assist with designing and completing business development materials (experience with Adobe InDesign is preferred, but not required)
- Monitor and optimize social media campaigns
- Specializing in Facebook Business Manager and Google AdWords
- Reporting and analytical analysis
- Long-term project management relating to website development
- Website wire-framing and design
- Conception digital strategy and targeting methods
- Produce internal/external documentation like media calendars and media authorizations
- Improve SEO of websites using a variety of methods
- Communicate effectively as a member of a team in weekly media department status meetings
Required Technical Skills
- Basic knowledge of HTML and web formatting
- Basic Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Passion for/interest in conceptual graphic design
- Working experience in creating advertising, print and web designs
- Ability to work in a team
- Extreme attention to detail in work quality
- Well organized and able to balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated understanding and appreciation of graphic design; color theory, typography and layout
- Ability to take constructive criticism and implement creative direction
Required Technical Skills:
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe PhotoShop
- Adobe Indesign
- Adobe Dreamweaver (optional)
- PowerPoint (optional)
- WordPress (optional)
- Prezi (optional)
Each individual internship will last from 6-10 weeks, depending on the time of year for the internship and academic calendar of the intern.
Summer internships will generally be 40 hours a week. Fall and spring internships will be from 10-40 hours per week decided by the mutual agreement of Hirons and the potential intern. This internship is paid.
Please send a copy of your résumé, cover letter, creative portfolio and/or relevant writing samples to email@example.com by July 21 to apply for Hirons’ fall internship.
Fall 2017: July 21, 2017
Spring 2018: October 15, 2017